Welcome to my blog, read, enjoy, keep an open mind!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

mmm!

I feel sorry for people who live in large cities tonight. I have a long break at the end of my show, and tonight I decided to go watch the fireflies. I love fireflies! But tonight it was kind of super awesome because as I sat there I looked up at the moon, watched the clouds go by, listen to the finale music of the show, felt the moist warm summer air flow across me, and spotted some fireflies. I thought about the times I have spent in larger cites where you can't see the stars and the air is stale and the building don't allow for such magic as a firefly. Yes larger cities have their own magic, but tonight I couldn't imagine anything better than that moment. Absolute bliss! Its moments like this that I put in my pocket and try to pull out when I am having a bad day or when the world seems too much to handle. When I was in Costa Rica I was taught a phrase that has stuck with me, even to the point of having it tattooed on my body. The phrase is Pura Vida. Literally translated it means pure life, but it means so much more to the people there than just pure life. It is more like "full of life", and finding and keeping happy moments, and making the best out of our hard times. This is how I want to be. I have been trying very hard to find the good in my trials. Its been a challenge and sometimes I let life get to me, and focus on my downfalls. And yet the blessing of a bad day is that it ends, and we get to wake up the next day and never have to do that day over again, and without the bad days we can't appreciate the good days. That in and of its self is a really awesome thing! So tonight I go to bed with fireflies and warm summer air floating around in blissful pura vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment